You are experienced in sewing (home or industrial equipment). You are knowledgeable in apparel construction and are able to identify different types of fabric and fibers. Quality is your guideline: you understand the importance of doing it right the first time. Numbers don?t scare you: fractions are your friend! You can ask for help and clarification. You aren?t afraid to question why something is done a certain way , and should you see an improvement, you aren?t afraid to share it. You are willing to learn new techniques and polish your existing skills. You understand the importance of a clean work area and follow safety standards for a factory setting.
We are happy to work with home sewers and help them apply their skills to industrial manufacturing equipment.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Change needles, thread, bobbin, and sewing machine feet.
- Guide fabric carefully under machine needle at indicated seam allowance.
- Responsible for maintaining and recognizing high quality.
- Keep an organized and safe work area.
- Sew various types of fabric.
- Hand sew as needed.
- Use of pressing equipment as you sew.
- Inspect work before sending it to next operator.
- Must work well with other associates.
- Various duties as assigned.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to identify sewing construction errors and repair them.
- Possess high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Education and Training Requirements:
- High school or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years apparel sewing experience
Job Type: Offering a full-time (7am-3:30pm) and mid-day, part-time shift (10am-2:00pm).
Sewers work in a temperature-controlled apparel factory setting.
Mid-day, part-time shift (10am-2:00pm)
About OnPoint Manufacturing, Inc.
OnPoint Manufacturing specializes in On-Demand Mass Customization developing technically advanced manufacturing and distribution solutions for the apparel industry. Our factory model automates and integrates almost every aspect of the manufacturing process from order entry to delivery. The cohesive components that are driven by complex software allow OnPoint to manufacture millions of unique SKU's on-demand reducing inventory costs and streamlining the whole supply chain. Founded by CEO J. Kirby Best, OnPoint maintains a manufacturing facility in Florence, Alabama, with headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee.